John, formerly Triad Division President at Highwoods Properties, Managing Partner for Carter & Associates and Magnolia Partners, offers a wealth of commercial real estate development experience in the Winston-Salem and Greensboro markets.
While at Highwoods, John was responsible for the Triad Division, the largest at Highwoods, with more than 9 million square feet of suburban office and industrial space in Winston-Salem, Greensboro and High Point. He has been responsible for total leasing/development transactions of $425 million and acquisition transactions of $275 million. Mr. Reece brings significant experience in commercial real estate including project leasing, development and corporate services.
- Former President and Executive Committee Member of the Piedmont Triad Chapter - National Association of Industrial and Office Park Developers
- Licensed Real Estate Broker - North Carolina
- Developed and leased 300,000-square foot C&D Showroom building in High Point, North Carolina
- Developed and leased 140,000-square foot One AirPark East in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Acquired, leased and sold 150,000-square foot FieldCrest Cannon office building in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Participated in the merger of Forsyth Partners and Highwoods Properties
- Acquired the 700,000-square foot Bissell flex portfolio in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Developed build-to-suit projects for Hewlett-Packard (3), Simplex, Ikon, RMIC, Sara Lee, New Breed Logistics and RF Micro Devices in North Carolina
- Acquired $ 200,000,000.00 Shelton Portfolio in North Carolina
- Developed 670,000-square foot AirPark South in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Developed 90,000-square foot Concourse Center in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Acquired 80-acre JP site and 100-acre Benson site for Highwoods Properties in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Responsible for expanding the Highwoods Triad Division from 4.5 to 9.5 million square feet (largest division of Highwoods Properties)
- Developed, leased and sold 470,000-square foot One West Fourth Street office building in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Represented both Seller and Buyer in $8,000,000 Hillcrest land transaction in Winston–Salem
- Managing Partner of 230,000 square foot Park Building in Winston-Salem
- Managing Partner of Commercial Real Estate Advisors – Owner of 120,000 square feet of Medical Office space in Winston-Salem and Charlotte.
- Member of Data Max Foundation Board of Directors
- Former Member of Board of Trustees and Executive Committee Forsyth Country Day School
- Former Member of Parents Council Wake Forest University
- Former Member of Deacon Club Board of Directors Wake Forest University
Wake Forest University 1981 - Bachelor of Arts