Trusted professionals at your service
Commercial Realty Advisors was founded in 2006 and is proud to be based in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina. Deep local roots and years of experience representing property owners and tenants have allowed Commercial Realty Advisors to build a firm foundation of trust and excellence.
John E. Reece II
- Licensed Real Estate Broker – North Carolina
- Former President and Executive Committee Member of the Piedmont Triad Chapter – National Association of Industrial and Office Park Developers
- Former Member of Data Max Foundation Board of Directors
- Former Member of Board of Trustees and Executive Committee Forsyth Country Day School
- Former Member of Parents Council Wake Forest University
- Former Member of Deacon Club Board of Directors Wake Forest University
- Member of Board of Directors – Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership
- Member of Board of Directors – Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership Foundation
- Developed and leased 300,000-square foot C&D Showroom building in High Point, North Carolina
- Developed and leased 140,000-square foot One AirPark East in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Acquired, leased and sold 150,000-square foot FieldCrest Cannon office building in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Participated in the merger of Forsyth Partners and Highwoods Properties
- Acquired the 700,000-square foot Bissell flex portfolio in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Developed build-to-suit projects for Hewlett-Packard (3), Simplex, Ikon, RMIC, Sara Lee, New Breed Logistics and RF Micro Devices in North Carolina
- Acquired $ 200,000,000.00 Shelton Portfolio in North Carolina
- Developed 670,000-square foot AirPark South in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Developed 90,000-square foot Concourse Center in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Acquired 80-acre JP site and 100-acre Benson site for Highwoods Properties in Greensboro, North Carolina
- Responsible for expanding the Highwoods Triad Division from 4.5 to 9.5 million square feet (largest division of Highwoods Properties)
- Developed, leased and sold 470,000-square foot One West Fourth Street office building in Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Represented both Seller and Buyer in $8,000,000 Hillcrest land transaction in Winston – Salem
- Acquired 230,000 square foot Park Building in Winston-Salem
- Acquired 170,000 square foot Consolidated Center in Winston-Salem NC
- Acquired Redeveloped Leased and Sold $30,000,000 Novant Portfolio in Winston-Salem and Charlotte NC
- Managing Partner of Commercial Real Estate Advisors – Owner of 120,000 square feet of Medical Office space in Winston-Salem and Charlotte.
- Developed 751 West Fourth, a 50,000 SF multi-tenant office building in Winston-Salem – Awarded the 2014 Downtown Excellence Award by Mayor Allen Joines and North Carolina’s Top Building Project of 2014 by NAIOP, the first multi-tenant office building to be awarded that honor since 2000
- Redevelopment of 190 Kimel Park Drive, a 60,000 SF medical office building in Winston-Salem, formerly the VA Hospital
- Wake Forest University 1981 – Bachelor of Arts
Jeff Andrews, SIOR
Jeff Andrews joined Commercial Realty Advisors in August, 2007 after spending two years with CB Richard Ellis where he was named Triad Office Broker of the Year in 2006.
Prior to embarking on a career in commercial real estate, Mr. Andrews played professional baseball in the Arizona Diamondbacks and Montreal Expos organizations. The majority of Mr. Andrew’s transactions have been focused on representing owners, landlords and tenants such as Novant Health, Wells Fargo, New Breed Logistics, BB&T, and R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. Through his experience assisting both local and national clients in all phases of the real estate cycle including acquisitions, dispositions, development, project leasing and tenant representation, Mr. Andrews has completed recent leasing and sales transactions of over 1,000,000 square feet with a combined value in excess of $90,000,000.00.
- Licensed Real Estate Broker – North Carolina & South Carolina
- SIOR Member
- NAIOP – Former Program Chair / Member of the Piedmont Triad Chapter
- Community Service
- Special Olympics of North Carolina – Volunteer
- Winston-Salem National Little League – Volunteer Coach
- YWCA Basketball – Volunteer Coach
- Davidson College – Bachelor of Arts
Jordan Reece, CCIM
Jordan is a native of Winston-Salem, North Carolina and a graduate of Wake Forest University. During his Junior and Senior years at Wake Forest, he interned for RJR/Nabisco and later transitioned to a full time position after graduation. He worked in sales throughout the Southeast as a Development Manager, Special Accounts Manager, Division Manager, and Key Accounts Manager. As Division Manager, he was responsible for 45 full and part time sales personnel in South Florida. As Key Accounts Manager, he had direct responsibility for key accounts such as Circle K, Publix, Mobil Florida, and McLane Distribution.
In 1999, Jordan acquired Starnes Art Company in High Point, North Carolina and guided the commercial graphics distributor into the internet marketing age. He eventually sold the company in 2008.
Jordan joined Commercial Realty Advisors in February 2015 with tremendous market knowledge and experience. He specializes in industrial and land properties in central North Carolina.
Prior to joining Commercial Realty Advisors, Jordan was a broker with Triad Commercial Properties, where he achieved his CCIM designation.
Jordan has been married to his wife, Ann, for 29 years and has 2 adult sons. He resides in High Point, North Carolina and enjoys golf and volunteering in the community.
- Wake Forest University – B.S. 1985
Professional and Civic Affiliations
- CCIM, Certified Commercial Investment Member
“Jordan Reece of Triad Commercial Properties is the real estate broker who recently represented me in the purchase of a commercial building in High Point North Carolina. I highly recommend Jordan. He is hard working, honest, and knowledgeable. He knows the business well, and went over and above to help me make our deal happen. He did a ton of research and legwork finding and showing me properties. He helped me through the offer valuation, contract negotiation, contractor referrals, improvement plans, and served as a wonderful adviser throughout the process to help make it as easy and enjoyable as possible. He is a great listener, is not the least bit pushy, explains things well, is very knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with.”
– Andy Bernstein, FurnitureDealer.net
Chief Operating Officer
Kristin joined Commercial Realty Advisors in August 2014. Prior to joining Commercial Realty Advisors, Kristin held the position of Director of Lease Administration with Highwoods Properties in Winston-Salem. Her background also includes experience in commercial lending and medical office management.
B.S. in Business Administration – University of Richmond
Brad Klosterman | AICP, LEED AP ND
Brad has over 15 years’ experience in urban planning, land development and real estate brokerage. Beginning his career in the State of Florida, Brad has consulted for land owners, small-business owners, developers, and municipalities. Brad has experience working with multiple jurisdictions and stakeholders to obtain the desired results for clients.
After relocating to North Carolina, Brad has expanded his expertise by becoming a licensed REALTOR® & Broker. Working with both residential and commercial clients, Brad has a full-range of experiences from development to the end user.
Brad continues to advise clients and guide them through the entitlement process being an AICP certified member of the American Planning Association and is a certified LEED AP ND consultant through the US Green Building Counsel.
Vanderbilt University – Engineering
University of Florida – Architecture / Urban and Regional Planning
Affiliations | Certifications
American Planning Association (APA) – ID# 243910
APA AICP Certification – ID# 023912
LEED AP ND Certification – ID# 10579941
Licensed NC Broker – ID#286008
YMCA of NWNC – WGW Branch Board Chair, 2020-2021
Winston-Salem Chamber – Lions Group – Vice Chair, 2020
YMCA of NWNC – WGW Branch Board Vice Chair, 2018-2020
YMCA of NWNC – WGW Branch Board Annual Giving Campaign Chair, 2016-2018
YMCA of NWNC – WGW Branch Board Member, 2015 – Present
Forsyth Country Day School – 7th Grade Basketball Coach, 2017-2019
MIXXER Makerspace – Advisor to the Board, 2014
Steve Vallos comes to Commercial Realty Advisors after spending four years in Development with Wake Forest, serving as regional director for the Deacon Club. Prior to working at Wake Forest, Steve spent seven years in the National Football League, playing with the Seahawks, Browns, Eagles, Jaguars, and Broncos.
Steve joined the Wake Forest Football team in 2002. After red-shirting as a true freshman, he was voted a Freshman All-American in 2003 and then earned All-ACC honors in 2004, 2005, and 2006. In 2006 he helped Wake Forest win the ACC Championship and earned first team All-American honors. Vallos graduated from Wake Forest as the school’s all-time leader in career starts. (48 consecutive games) In 2018, he was inducted into the Wake Forest Hall of Fame.
Wake Forest University – Bachelor of Arts
NFL Executive Education Programs
The Wharton School of Business – University of Pennsylvania
Kellogg School of Management – Northwestern University
Ross School of Business – University of Michigan
Licensed Real Estate Broker – North Carolina
Kurt Birkins joins Commercial Realty Advisors after spending five years with the Wake Forest Athletic Department, including the last two years as Director of Sales & Development.
Prior to Wake Forest, Kurt enjoyed a ten year professional baseball career with the Baltimore Orioles, Tampa Bay Rays, and Colorado Rockies organizations. This includes three seasons in the Major Leagues with the Baltimore Orioles (2006, 2007) and the Tampa Bay Rays (2008). He was a member of the Rays when the team won the American League pennant in 2008.
After his playing career, he enrolled at UNC Greensboro and graduated summa cum laude in 2014.
Kurt currently resides in Winston-Salem with his wife Ashley and two daughters, Charlie and Lila.
University of North Carolina at Greensboro – Bachelor of Science, summa cum laude
Licensed Real Estate Broker – North Carolina
Jack Reece, JD, MBA
Jack Reece comes to Commercial Realty Advisors with over three years of real estate development experience. He previously worked with Lennar Multifamily Communities where he performed the day to day development of two mixed-use projects totaling over $160 million and 690 apartments homes. Jack also underwrote and performed the due diligence on numerous projects within the Carolinas region.
Wake Forest University 2014 – Juris Doctor | MBA
Wake Forest University 2009 – BS
Mark Sohmer, AIA
Project Manager - Development
Mark joins Commercial Realty Advisors as the Project Manager of Development after having served as a partner at Triad Design Group from 2008-2019. Mark has practiced architecture in North Carolina since the late seventies, and held design and project management positions in Charlotte, Winston- Salem and Greensboro. He has also served in a development position with a national REIT for ten years managing site and infrastructure development, building design and construction, tenant improvements and property management issues. He has completed projects from Washington, DC to Florida but has been most involved in the Triad market for three decades. He has focused on the sectors of healthcare facilities and industrial/distribution facilities. Clients in the healthcare field have included Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and its various divisions, Novant Health, Eagle Physicians, Piedmont Medical Research and many individual physician practices. Industrial/Distribution clients have included Corning, Ruger, Pepsi, HAECO, Nordic and CHT Nuclear.
Bachelor of Arts – St. Andrews Presbyterian College
Bachelor of Arts in Architecture – University of North Carolina at Charlotte
American Institute of Architects
Julie K. Goco
Director of Property Management
Julie has over 15 years experience and specializes in Class A and Class B office space. Julie was named the 2010 Property Manager of the year by her former employer, CB Richard Ellis. Currently, Julie manages over 493,000-square-feet of Class A and Class B Office Space in Winston-Salem.
She earned her NC Broker License in 1998.
Rebecca, a native of Winston-Salem and graduate of Wake Forest University in 2002, has over 14 years’ experience managing Class A and Class B office space. Prior to joining Commercial Realty Advisors, Rebecca managed over 1,000,000 square feet of property with Highwood’s Properties in Winston-Salem and Greensboro.
Nominating Committee & Stewardship Committee – First Presbyterian Church
Twin City Youth Soccer Association – Volunteer Coach
Wake Forest University – Bachelor of Science – Business
NC Broker License in 2003
AWESOME husband and 4 adorable children
Callie joins Commercial Realty Advisors with eight years of commercial real estate experience with a focus on commercial lending and mortgage brokerage. Her previous experience includes closing mortgage brokerage transactions with Urban Green, Inc. of Charlotte, NC, and as an underwriter at Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., where she focused on real estate transactions up to $10 million for CMBS execution. She is a licensed real estate broker in North Carolina.
Wingate University – Bachelor of Science, Finance
Licensing and Certifications
North Carolina Real Estate Broker License
Mary Beth Hartgrove
Mary Beth, a native of Winston-Salem, joined Commercial Realty Advisors in 2018 with over 13 years of commercial and residential design experience including multi-family and commercial office spaces. She graduated with honors from Virginia Tech in 2005 from the College of Architecture and Urban Studies with a degree in Interior Design. With a focus in the Kitchen and Bath Industry in Charlotte, NC, Mary Beth honed her strategic and creative problem-solving skills and gained extensive experience in commercial and residential project management, earning her a Chrysalis National Award for Best Kitchen Renovation in 2012, as well as featured projects in regional and national media outlets including HGTV.com.
Virginia Tech – BS in Interior Design
Reactive Maintenance Manager
Bill is a local of Winston-Salem and studied at High Point University. He has experience in property maintenance, both reactive and preventative, and manages maintenance projects from start to finish. Bill acts as project manager for all reactive maintenance contracts, covering more than 220 properties spanning from Southern Virginia to Concord, NC. In addition, Bill is involved with the local Troops First Foundation.
*All of our engineers will work in accordance with all Federal and State OSHA guidelines and requirements. They will promptly report any unusual events or conditions discovered on assigned properties to the Property and/or Asset Manager.
Director of Marketing
Carrie O’Sullivan joined Commercial Realty Advisors as the Director of Marketing. She previously served as an Associate Vice President in the Marketing, Communications and Media team at Wake Forest Baptist Health. Carrie’s experience includes Owner of Graffiti Ads indoor media company, VP/Account Director with Mullen/Frank About Women, Creative Director of Hanes T-ShirtMaker personal productivity software and several years in marketing positions with Hanesbrands, Inc.
A long-time resident of Winston-Salem, Carrie is married with two children and a rescue dog named Pepper. She enjoys time in Northern Michigan each summer.
- Child Care Resource Center: Board Member, Marketing Committee Leader
- Ronald McDonald House: Street Captain, Marketing Committee
- Girl Scout USA: Cookie Mom Leader, First Aider
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church: Communications Committee, Youth Committee, Sunday School Teacher
- R.J.Reynolds High School: Demon Shop Leader, PTA Member, PTA Communications Committee Leader
- Brunson Elementary School: Class Leader, PTA Member
- Western Michigan University – BS; Dual Majors in Graphic Design and Art Education
Houston comes to Commercial Realty Advisors as an Analyst after spending almost 2 years in project management for Unique places LLC, a North Carolina-based land real estate firm. He was responsible for ecosystem asset analysis including wetland mitigation investments, land conservation and timber asset evaluation. He graduated from Sewanee University in 2018, and plans to further develop his career in commercial real estate. Houston is also an assistant coach for the R.J. Reynolds High School boys’ varsity lacrosse team.
Sewanee: The University of the South – BA 2018
Mary Ann Barbour
Receptionist - Robinhood Executive Center
Mary Ann joins Commercial Realty Advisors having retired in 2012. She gained extensive experience in the administrative field, particularly in law offices as a legal assistant. Mary Ann brings professionalism and a broad skill set to our team.
Lara completed undergraduate work at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and post-graduate work at Salem College, and received her CPA designation in 1992. A native of Washington, DC who has lived in Winston-Salem for more than thirty years, her work experience includes tax and audit for public accounting firms Deloitte & Touche and Butler + Burke. She also has over eight years of experience providing professional accounting services for not-for-profit entities and private businesses, including the Work Family Resource Center, SECCA, Wall Esleeck Babcock, LLP, and Commercial Realty Associates.
Lead Engineer - Modern